Saturday, December 21, 2013

Progressive Dinner

Last night my friends and I had a progressive dinner (photos below are blatantly stolen from my best friend).


We grew up together in a very tight knit community and took part in various progressive dinners during most holiday seasons. But this was the first one that we held where we planned and executed it, rather than being invited guests to our parents houses.

And it was a blast! 

This photo represents friendships over the span of 15 years. I'm so amazed and awed at the fact that these girls are still such a huge part of my life some 20 years after I met them. I am truly blessed and I so hope that A finds a group of friends as wonderful as this!

And also? Growing up may be weird, it may be strange, but damn if it isn't better than staying in the same place. Looking back at pictures 10, 15, 20 years ago always reminds me that as great as the memories are, the present is so much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...