Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How?

I keep wondering how other people do it. How do they have time to blog? Or keep their house clean? Or shower every day? Especially those people with kids and full time jobs and hobbies and everything else...

In case you can't tell, I often feel like I have a time management problem. In that my problem is there often seems to be no time. Or there seems to be too much time. I feel like that's the weirdest dichotomy of my life right now - so often there is so much to do and no time in which to do it. And other times, like when A takes a randomly long nap, I don't quite know what to do with myself when I've actually managed to feel caught up on everything.*

I think that part of what I'm feeling also is that I don't know what to do with this space. I want to write about what's going on with my life, but right now my life is A. And also job hunting. But job hunting sucks and who really wants to read about that? But I'm also not sure how much people want to read about taking care of a baby. Even if she is the cutest baby in the world.**

But more than that, this feeling of confusion about what to do here sort of mimics what I'm feeling in my real life. I love (love love love) being home with A right now (which I honestly wasn't expecting! This has actually been really nice to learn). But I also love working outside the home. And bringing home an income. Especially with the amount of medical bills and law school loans that B and I have. Those aren't going to pay themselves (gee, wouldn't that be nice?). And while we are doing fine on B's salary, with all of those other expenses it's really hard to feel like we're making any real progress on our savings goals for the future.

So yeah. I'm still trying to figure it out. Not sure if anyone other than my mom and sister are still reading, but hopefully someday I'll figure out a bit better what I'm doing here...

And until then, here's the cutest baby in the world practicing sitting up! She sits now!!

Look Ma, no hands!

*Sidenote - Not that I EVER really feel caught up on everything. Just, uh, at some point you call it good.

**Sure, I'm clearly biased, but also she IS the cutest baby in the world.

8 comments:

  1. She's pretty freaking adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading! Sorry I don't comment as much as i'd like. I agree she is pretty darn adorable and I have no advice to offer other than to say, I feel ya. I don't even have kids yet but I think I'd probably be in a very similar situation. You're doing a great job. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't mean to guilt you into commenting! I'm reading other blogs too and I so very rarely comment anymore (because I'm always on my phone and it's a pain). Thanks for the hugs though! It's definitely a confusing place to be in at the moment...

      Delete
  3. As a fellow Seattle(ish) mom and lawyer, I encourage you to embrace whatever seems right. Life ebbs and flows; ride it where it takes you. My daughter is about to turn a year old, and I've just started a part-time job where most of the work is from home. While I'm loving my return to the adult working world, I wouldn't trade a day of the last year of being a SAHM. Enjoy the little milestones and getting to experience so much of A. You never know what the next chapter will look like or how soon it might start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do appreciate this viewpoint a lot. And I'm definitely appreciating all of the time that I have at home with A right now, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Still reading! She is so cute! I think it's pretty normal to take breaks from blogging, especially when you have such a cute baby to play with! I struggle from time to time with my blog, because I don't feel like my life is interesting enough to share with the blogging world all the time. A's monthly updates have been great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I really like writing them :) It amazes me how much (and how quickly!) she changes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...