Thursday, April 11, 2013

It Never Fails

I think of a post idea and then A wakes up from her nap.

And then when I come back to sit down at the computer I have no idea what I was going to write about.

Oops.

On the plus side, things are going well. Really well in fact. B and I hit a major milestone for us a few weeks ago - we paid off all of our credit cards! That was SUCH a huge weight on my shoulders (I HATE carrying a balance and I had had a balance on one card for way too long). Sure it took a chunk out of our savings, but now we are no longer paying those freaking monthly fees. Feels so good! Now the goal for our savings is so that we can get a new car at some point (will be important if I get this job that I'm interviewing for) and then for a down payment on a house. 

I think I mentioned before that I had really hoped we'd be in a position to buy something this year, but that was before I got laid off. Between all of the medical bills that we've had the beginning part of this year (it blows my mind that we're paying over $6,000 for a completely normal uncomplicated birth with a 1 night stay in the hospital and I STILL have not met my insurance deductible! That is another rant for another day however. But let's just say I can understand how people file for bankruptcy after a major medical event even when the HAVE health insurance) and some other things, plus my being laid off means that buying will take at least another year. Which is fine. But I look at A and I know that I want space for her to run around as she gets older.

Luckily she's pretty content hanging out in one spot for right now. But I know she'll be mobile before we know it!

Also my baby is 11 weeks old today. How did that happen??


4 comments:

  1. That scares the heck out of me that you have insurance and still had to pay 6k to deliver your child. CRAZY! Glad you are moving forward financially anyways. Baby A is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is amazing. Amazing amazingness! I have been trying to pay off just 1 of my credit cards for probably two years and it is still sitting at the same total because things keep popping up and I always use it. So... YES. Huge milestone. Woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, she is just beautiful!! I feel your pain on the medical bills, I'm guessing you have a high deductible plan. We paid $3930 for my labor and delivery and our deductible is $4000. :/ GREAT job paying off your credit card bills. Such a relief, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the credit card payoff! I know how stressful carrying that debt can be. It was a huge thing for me after our wedding. We're in the same boat with buying, but honestly, the responsibility stresses me out a little. Lastly, those cheeks are so pinchable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...