Wednesday, February 13, 2013

So...

Life with a newborn is time consuming! Which is kind of nuts because I look back at the day after it's finished and wonder what exactly I did except for watch an alarming number of West Wing episodes. 



And then I remember that I nursed my baby girl, and I changed her diapers, and I rocked her while she cried, and I even got a shower for myself in there. If I managed to do a load of laundry or empty the dishwasher, I will consider that a bonus right now. No, it may not be rocket science, but I will never have this time back with my daughter again so I'm trying to embrace it (especially now that I feel better!) and not feel guilty about all of the things that aren't getting done.



Unfortunately for a bit longer that also means not so much with the posting here. I'm around on twitter and instagram a bit more often these days (especially during 2am feedings...), and slowly but surely adding more pictures to Facebook so that family and friends can see how she's growing! (That onesie that she's wearing in the picture above is already almost too small! She's growing too fast!). I'll pop in when I can, but until then, I'll leave you with the following:




The cleaning and scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

(Excerpted from Song for a Fifth Child, by Ruth Hamilton)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...