Tuesday, January 15, 2013

39 weeks (and a sneak peek!)

Woo! One more week until my due date! (Actually more like five days. Which is crazy.)

Here's the belly - gotta love the stripes, eh? I'm not sure when I've ever enjoyed wearing horizontal stripes as much as I have this pregnancy.


It's actually really hard to believe that this pregnancy is almost over. I talked to one of my midwives at my appointment today and for a variety of reasons if baby doesn't come by 41 weeks we'll probably schedule an induction for sometime that week. I'm not thrilled by the idea of an induction, but at the same time it's pretty crazy to know that at some point in the next two weeks we're going to have a baby! We talked about it a lot during my appointment and they progress with inductions really slowly, so as to give me the best chance to not end up with a c-section, which I really appreciate. However baby gets here though, pretty soon he or she will arrive! (And we'll know whether it's a he or a she!)

Also, I FINALLY got around to taking some nursery pictures! I'll have more up in the next day or so (I want to attempt to edit them because the light is sort of funky in them), but I wanted to show a couple now. The room is small enough that this is basically it, but of course there are a few more things that I can show off later.

Nice photobomb by the puppy.


The first picture is from the doorway - there's a bit of a hallway so we moved the white board there in order to keep track of anything baby-wise. We're using the dresser top as a changing table (and the first drawer is filled with our cloth diaper stash, though we do plan on using disposables for the first couple of weeks or so). Also the sunflower photos are ones I took back when we lived in Portland. You can't see it from here, but there's a bee in the middle of the flower in each photo which just makes me smile.

Then we've got the crib, rocking chair and bookcase. A lot of the books on the top shelves aren't exactly the most baby friendly, but they're a lot of the young adult books that we have and love and should grow with the kiddo (plus we don't have any other room to store them given the immense love of books that B and I share!). I'm not sure what else we're going to put in that bookshelf by the rocking chair, but I figure it's not a bad idea to have some empty space to fill up as baby gets older. 

We still have some artwork that we want to hang on the walls (like the print that's leaning on the half bookcase that you can see in the first picture). We're also being gifted a piece of art from my aunt which I can't wait to see (but she won't finish it until she knows baby's name and birthday). And there's a big blank space above the crib (which I'll show you in the next post) because I can't decide what I want to put there that doesn't freak me out in terms of falling in the crib. I wouldn't be shocked if I end up with nothing there, but it seems like we should be able to find something... any ideas?

I'm really happy with how this room has come together. It just makes me happy. I'm not a big design person (come see the rest of our apartment, you'll just laugh), but I wanted to put together a comfortable and colorful room for our first child. It works for either a girl or a boy, and I'm so excited to see our kiddo as he or she grows up there (at least until we end up buying a place down the road).

6 comments:

  1. Cute! And I TOTALLY want that changing pad, and it's sold out everywhere online! Cant wait to see your other photos, and to see if Baby A is a he or a she!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want their phone number - that's how we ordered it. However, be prepared for it to take awhile. As I said in my nursery reveal post we had kind of an annoying time getting it (let me know if you want more details at all).

      Delete
  2. I have been following with your pregnancy as I was going through mine, I was just a few weeks ahead of you. With my doctor, I ran the gamut of when she thought I was actually going to deliver. The idea of not knowing when labor would start was killing me. The day before my due date, I took someone's advice and had Chinese food for dinner. (I had tried other things in the week before to jump start my labor) I don't know if it was the Chinese food or if I was just ready, but my water broke at 3:45am on my due date. So, if you get to the point where you're done being pregnant and don't want to be induced, try chinese food! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good plan! Plus I love Chinese food but haven't had it in forever!

      Delete
  3. You look so great! Can't wait to see the rest of the nursery--it looks like you've done so much to work with the small space!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...