Wednesday, January 9, 2013

38 weeks

38 weeks! We're so close! And yet... it could still be another 3 1/2 weeks (please don't be another 3 1/2 weeks baby!)

Here's the belly:


And because I was looking back at older pictures, here's me at 16 weeks (I think):


Um, dang. I feel full on skinny in the 16 week photo (funny how back then I felt bloaty and gross!). Also look at the long hair! ('Course my hair has grown plenty from when I cut it...)

I'm really glad that I continued taking these photos. Back when I was taking them at the beginning (and there are definitely a few weeks that I skipped in there), I felt like nothing was changing and the process was taking forever. Now that I'm at 38 weeks, I can't believe how quickly it's gone! To paraphrase Gretchen Rubin, the days have seemed to go by slowly but wow have the months sped by!

We have our last Centering class tonight and it feels a bit strange that I'll now be meeting with midwives one on one until baby comes. I've really enjoyed getting to know the couples in our class, and as of today at least three of them have had their babies! (I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one that's been born too). Which leaves at least 6 of us that are still waiting (but it's only January 9... there's plenty of month left to go!).

As for me, I'm still feeling pretty good. My fingers seem to be going back and forth with a bit of swelling, but I honestly think it has more to do with being at home than anything (my house is kept way warmer than my office was!). So I'm trying to move around more and keep myself very hydrated. Of course I did see spots for a few seconds after walking the dog yesterday, so I'm keeping a closer eye on my blood pressure, just for my own piece of mind (though nearly getting hit as I was crossing a street certainly didn't help with keeping my blood pressure down!). Also our nursery is basically finished! I'm so excited. I'll take pictures one of these days, but overall I'm really excited with it. I've mentioned that it's a small space and I think we did a good job utilizing it but not overwhelming it.

I'm getting uncomfortable, but I'm also trying to remember that every day baby cooks in there is good for the kiddo. And I'll forget about all of this soon enough anyway in my new baby sleep deprived haze, right? I'm guessing I'll have at least two more weekly updates, but I've started talking to baby and letting him or her know that after Sunday I'm ready and he or she can come anytime. We'll see if baby listens!

1 comment:

  1. You look so great mamma!!! :) So excited for you... seriously! And really enjoy each and every day because you don't know if labor will start in the next hour (take it from 39 week me!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...