Thursday, January 3, 2013

37 weeks

Full term! Now it's just a waiting game to see when baby decides to show up... early, on time or late? I would love for baby to come in a week or two, but I'm going back to my original thought that baby is going to be late. Which is going to make for some long days ahead now that I'm officially unemployed. 

Yup, yesterday was my last day. Luckily a good friend was in town who I had lunch with which made the day better! But it was still an ending which is always sad. This company was one of the first places I worked where I felt like I had a really good bond with everyone else there. Everyone was excellent at what they did and it was a great work hard/play hard kind of a place. Sadly a lot of external factors came into play which led to the layoffs, but I'm still incredibly grateful to have met and worked with everyone there.

But onto happier things! Like my 37 week belly:


That thing just keeps growing. I went to dinner at my aunt's house and everyone was saying how much bigger I looked after even just a couple of weeks! I also got my first waddling comment from my mom - thanks Mom! (it was totally justified though - tired plus walking up stairs equals me walking really funny now!) 

Kid is definitely comfy in there and we'll see when he or she ends up coming. I'm so excited to meet our baby, but I'm also getting more and more apprehensive about actually taking care of a baby. The thought that something is going to be so absolutely totally dependent on me for everything is a little bit overwhelming now that we're coming down to the wire! At this point though, there's not much I can do except to try to prepare myself and trust that B and I will figure it out together. With a lot of help from our families and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...