Thursday, December 6, 2012

What I've been pondering

Ok, so this post is about something a bit ridiculous and I'm completely aware of that, I just wanted to let you in on that right from the beginning.

Specifically the ridiculous thing that I've been pondering is my belly button. 

Told ya. 

See, everyone told me when I got pregnant that the belly button was totally going to pop out like that automatic thermometer that comes with some turkeys (though which turkeys actually come with that I have no idea, since ours never comes with one and perhaps this is a myth that I am now perpetuating?). Anyway. I definitely thought that would be weird because I was fairly certain that wouldn't happen to me as I have what turns out to be a pretty deep belly button.

So far I am completely correct on this. No signs of belly button coming anywhere close to being anything but the innie that it always has been. It has gotten more ticklish and sensitive to the touch (but the rest of the belly hasn't really...), but that's about it.

But it's still weirding me out. Specifically the weird thing is due to having surgery last year to remove my gall bladder. That surgery was done laparoscopically wherein they make several very small incisions to put instruments in and take the gall bladder out. Much better for recovery than the larger incision that used to be standard. BUT, one of the incisions they made was inside my belly button. So now, while my belly button is still an innie, it has definitely been moving around a bit because that scar is now very visible on the outside of my belly button. Which is just plain weird to me. The other three scars from that surgery have never bugged me because they're straight across, small, and who cares? This one though is all kinds of funky, I think because a) it's probably not a super easy job to put in straight stitches on the inside of someone's belly button and b) it's the inside of someone's belly button! No one will ever see it!

No one except for everyone if that person gets knocked up. Weird I tell ya.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, this is probably going to be me soon. I had a laparoscopic gallbladder removal as well, so I guess I'll be seeing that scar soon. Weird... (but thanks for the head's up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. This is hilarious. I was SO worried my belly button would pop out!! It turned out to be kind of weird - half of it was out further than my belly and you could see it through tight shirts. Surprisingly, it didn't freak me out like I thought it would. It went riiiight back in after that baby was out, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...