Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Playing Around

I was playing around with one of the apps I have that makes collages for Instagram (oh yeah, I'm on that now if anyone cares to follow - alongfarview over there... not really sure what I'm doing yet, but I'm really enjoying all of the baby pictures - turns out I follow a lot of new parents!), and decided to do a belly shot comparison. I haven't really looked at the pictures side by side much to see just how big the belly had gotten, and well, wow. Hello there 30 weeks!

The lighting and cropping aren't great since I was just playing around, but thought I'd share it anyway.

30 weeks seems like a big milestone to me for some reason... 10 more weeks to go, solidly in the third trimester, belly definitely large and in charge but not hugely uncomfortable yet (though I'm getting there...). Some of the not so nice side effects that I've been hearing about are starting to happen - reflux being the main one. It usually happens in the evening, and I feel like I shouldn't even complain since it's not that bad, but it's still annoying. And I wouldn't be shocked if it gets worse. 

I'm also still waiting to figure out exactly what my leave plans are going to be (I've sent a proposal to my boss and he's still thinking about it...), and I'm pretty sure we're going to get some news this week at work that may shake things up a bit. I'm not entirely certain how it all will affect me, but I'm definitely working on reminding myself that "If I can't change it, I can't worry about it." We'll see if that's actually enough to keep myself from worrying.

In other happier baby news, our hospital tour is tomorrow night and I'm so excited! Really looking forward to seeing exactly where we'll be when this kiddo of ours comes into the world (and all of the random stuff, like where to park and check in when we first show up). And my baby shower is coming up in just a couple of weeks and people are actually coming! (Am I the only one with the irrational fear that no one will show to these types of things? Just me? All right then. But really I'm just SO excited to spend some time with people who I really don't get to see often enough!) 

And have the holidays gotten here super quick for anyone else? I mean, Thanksgiving is next week! I'm super excited for the short week, but wow, the days are definitely flying by over here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...