Thursday, November 8, 2012

10(ish) weeks to go. Say what now?

Um, guys? Baby's due date is in roughly 10 1/2 weeks. I don't know if you're counting at all, but that's like 2 1/2 months away. And it could be less than that! That means that in just over 2 months time there's going to be a living, breathing, CRYING human being in my life! You know, separate from me! Uh, the hell? When did that happen??? Also, I'd like to point out that we're now just two weeks away from Thanksgiving, and then my baby shower, and then B's family is coming up to celebrate Christmas and then we're celebrating with my family, and then New Year's and then it's going to be January (aka baby eviction month) before I know it. Holy whoa.



So, here's my 29 week belly shot, only several days late because, well, no excuse. Just because. But it's not like I've actually been sticking to any sort of timetable for weekly updates. No, more it's fun to throw in shots of how the belly is taking over. Which it seriously feels like it's doing. Generally right now I feel pretty good up until about 2pm or so. Nothing really hurts, baby has its dance party moments and some sleepy time moments, I can get work done, all is well. And then, well, then 2pm hits and something shifts. Instead of fun dance parties I think baby gets pissed off at not having enough room and has to take it out on my uterus. I swear it's getting bruised in there. And then my back starts hurting and no matter how I adjust my chair and back pillow I can't find the position that was perfectly comfy just a couple of hours ago. 

And then I go home. Where after B and I walk the dog (who's had to get used to having us both out of the house all day long and therefore goes bat shit crazy excited when we get home), I try to relax on the couch, searching for the position where my back doesn't hurt, the belly doesn't feel weird and the reflux is most held at bay (spoiler alert: said position does not exist). God, this sounds delightful doesn't it? To all of my friends who haven't had kids, sorry 'bout that. Just think about all the alien belly strangeness you have to look forward to should you some day choose to have kids! (I am told it's all worth it though.)

Oh, also? Putting on my socks is starting to get hard, much to B's amusement. Luckily I wear Danskos every day to work so I haven't had to tie shoes in, oh, a couple months now? (also should tell you how long it's been since I wore a pair of sneakers... I have worked out since then but I do so barefoot in my living room. It works. Sort of.) I hear this only gets harder as the belly gets bigger. Awesome.

Back to the plus side though, so far things are trucking along pretty normally (I think). Even though I had some weird Braxton Hicks contractions last week and went home a bit early on Friday because they were hitting that 6 in an hour point that my midwives start paying more attention to, I appear to be back to normal now with the kid just shoving various body parts in my ribs. I'll take it. It is definitely odd trying to figure out what is "normal-weird" versus what is "bad-weird" and where precisely that line is when everything about this process is new and strange and constantly has me saying wtf is that?? 

Next week we have our hospital tour and I'm really looking forward to seeing exactly where this kiddo is going to be born. Also that marks the beginning of having our Centering Pregnancy class/appointments every 2 weeks rather than every 4! And other than the Centering classes that we're doing, we're only taking an Infant CPR class. I don't really feel the need to do any other classes given the research that we've both already done and the resources that we'll have available at the hospital (ie breastfeeding help). 

It's crazy both how fast and how slow time has seemed to have gone this pregnancy, and I know the last couple of months are going to fly by. So I'm trying to savor this time with B before we become a family of three as much as I can. I can't wait to see him as a dad, but right now he's being a pretty awesome husband and I'm so happy he's my partner in crime in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...