Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Um...

I am less than a week away from the beginning of my third trimester. WTF? When did that happen? How is it possible that I'm 27 1/2 weeks (nearly 7 months pregnant!). No wonder I feel like baby is taking over.

In all seriousness, I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm definitely starting to drag towards the end of the work day, and my evenings consist of eating dinner and stretching out on the couch with B and Cody. Not a whole lot of energy to do much else. But we are still plugging away at the nursery! We got the crib mattress last weekend, and we found the perfect curtains! I'm actually super excited about them. I had a different idea in mind for the curtains, but when we were at Ikea, B spotted a pattern that pulls together the colors from the rug and the dresser and just makes everything come together really nicely (if I do say so myself - I also got the Mom stamp of approval on them which felt great!). We've still got a few more things to do (like organize the bookshelves and hang some art work, along with actually hanging the curtains), but we're getting there! Hard to believe that it's only going to be a few more months (plus or minus a couple days in there) until there's a little person occupying that room!

Right now I'm mostly looking forward to the holidays. I'm really excited to see my sister over Christmas, and get some time to spend with the family over both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Plus while all of the details of my leave haven't been worked out fully, I am planning on working from home starting January 7. So I just have to get to Christmas and then it's a couple of short weeks and then working from home til baby decides to make an appearance! Getting those details figured out (and looking at the calendar and realizing just how few weeks are left in there) is really making the reality of the situation hit home for me. We're getting there!

And because I know you're curious - here's the 27 week belly shot. 



By the way - I feel the need to point out that I do wash our towels every week. But sometimes (usually) it's easier to take the clean ones straight from the dryer and hang them back up then switch them out with another set (yes I have a laundry routine, and yes, towels are usually the last to be washed, and yes, I'm usually really done with folding by that point!).

1 comment:

  1. You're looking great! I remember the holidays FLYING BY when we were getting married and then all of sudden it was wedding time. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens for you but this time it will be BABY TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...