Monday, October 29, 2012

Nursery progress

We hung up the curtains this weekend! 


Why yes, I do look lovely in this photo, don't I? This is how excited I am about the curtains (and how the nursery is coming together) that I'm willing to post this photo. Also yoga pants are my weekend outfit staple. No, I haven't done yoga once since I've gotten pregnant, why do you ask?

In case I haven't already mentioned it, the baby's room is tiny. As in, our place works great for a couple or a family with a baby, but I cannot imagine two unrelated people trying to live here as roommates. Someone would have definitely lost the coin toss to get stuck in this room. To give you a little perspective, the crib is up against one wall and you can just barely see the edge of the bookcase against the opposite wall (next to me, on the right side of the picture). The closet is in the wall opposite the windows. Next to the bookcase (between it and the closet) is the dresser we got which is where we'll put the changing pad.

But, truly, the room really does work perfectly for a baby. Sure, things are a bit tight, but it fits everything that we need it to, and Cody has plenty of room to sleep on the floor while I'm cozied up in the rocking chair. So everyone's happy!

My favorite part about the curtains is how perfectly they work with the room. You can't see the rug or the dresser in this picture, but the rug is a deep teal color and the dresser is red, so the curtains tie the colors together really nicely. I had originally planned on going with much more neutral curtains, but these just seem so much brighter and happier for a baby's room (and like so many other things in this kiddo's room, they're from Ikea). And I like these colors for either a boy or a girl, so I'm really happy with how this has come together.

And yes, we can pull the crib out away from the wall so baby can't grab the curtains. But I'm pretty sure baby is going to be in our room for the first few weeks anyway, so I haven't worried about that yet.

Anyway, whenever we're closer to done I'll post more pictures, but I wanted to share a little of what we've done so far. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! And you can totally make a tiny room work for a baby. And you can also move things as the baby grows. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, I really, really love those curtains! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the room once you're done with it. I'm sure the baby will be very happy in there, small room or not.

    P.S. the way Cody is looking at you in that photo is so sweet. He loves his mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...