Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A New Outlook

Oh you guys, what a difference a week makes (even a couple of days!). So sorry to have left you with such a depressing post. Though for those of you who are curious, I'm pretty sure baby has made camp permanently under my right ribcage. Total tangent, but I'm already really entertained at how much this baby tends to favor hanging out on my right side. Why it does, I have no idea, but baby definitely already has a mind of its own and shall not be deterred!

Anyway, our biggest news from the past few days is that B is starting a new job on Wednesday and I'm so excited for him!! Clearly there will still be hurdles to jump over as we continue on our way, but this will help so much in terms of getting us on the path that we want to be on. 

One of the other things that I did for myself this weekend was to buy a few more baby clothes. I was at Goodwill (finally getting rid of a box of stuff that had been sitting by our front door for, oh, at least two months), and when things are less than a dollar a piece? I'm ok with buying baby a few clothes! I kept it to mainly 0-3 months (and really didn't buy that many things, I promise!) just so that we've got some good things for starting out. I'm fairly confident this baby of ours is going to be big (B and I were both on the bigger side, so that's what I'm basing my assumption off of), so I don't think we'll need a lot of tiny clothes, but I've also had parents say that they had hardly any newborn clothes and ended up making a Target run with a week old kiddo to get something that fit. I really am trying to restrain myself in the clothes department though, as we'll probably get some things from friends and family (though I've been told that when you don't find out the gender beforehand you end up with fewer clothes as gifts. We'll see if this holds up). We need to get some more warm sleepers (the kid is being born in January after all), but I'm trying to hold out on that for awhile yet. 

I've also started thinking a bit more about getting away somewhere with B before the baby comes. I think I've mentioned that due to a number of factors he and I haven't really taken a big vacation in several years. I was hoping that we'd be able to take a week long trip somewhere warm (you know, sort of a long delayed honeymoon or something), but I'm fairly confident that isn't in the cards. Which I am a bit bummed about, but someday we will take that tropical vacation I've been dreaming about! In the meantime, we're probably going to end up taking a long weekend to go down to the Oregon coast - we did that after I took the bar in February and it ended up being the perfect getaway that we needed. Plus, we both love the coast in the winter time - cold, rainy, the perfect weather to cozy up in front of a fireplace with a good book while watching the waves crash. Not sure when exactly that will happen, but just starting to plan it made me feel better.

Otherwise I'm just feeling more upbeat in general about things than I was last week. I don't know if I just needed to get it out, or what, but I was really tired of feeling so down and lost.  And then we had dim sum with friends this weekend and I started listing off the holidays and realized that Halloween will be here soon, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and then holy crap it's January! Baby is coming! (and so is Winter...)

And here's a 25 week picture - hello belly! (Those of you who have been there, I'm going to laugh when I look back in 10 or so weeks and think this was a big belly, aren't I?)



1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you about baby hanging out on the right side. My kiddo did that for WEEKS, but she flipped sides last week. It was so weird, because it took her all day to do it, but she's definitely camped out on the left side now.

    And yeah, you'll probably laugh at yourself in 10 weeks :) I look at the photos in the early 20s and I thought I was HUGE...yeah, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...