Monday, October 1, 2012

24 weeks

Yesterday marked a significant point in our little guy's development - 24 weeks. While baby will still be baking for approximately 16 more weeks (holy moly, seriously? Only four months to go??), we're now at the point of viability, meaning that baby has a shot of making it should he or she come early (though there is NO reason to come early, got that kiddo?). I haven't had any signs or reasons to think that baby would come early, but it's comforting to know that we've made it to this milestone anyway. Especially as I've had some friends recently who I know are counting down to this milestone in a way that I can't even imagine. And to those of you in that position, you and your babies are in my thoughts.

As for me, I'm doing well. I think I've mentioned it before, but the last few weeks I've really felt the most "normal" that I have during this whole pregnancy. I use the quotes because for me, being pregnant isn't (and won't ever be) a true state of normal, but I generally feel like my old self, which is nice. Especially because I can only imagine that as I get bigger that will cease to be the case again! 

Baby's kicks are getting bigger and bigger - starting to see my stomach move when he/she really gets going is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen and also one of the weirdest. And my belly button is so weird - I have a small scar there from my gallbladder removal surgery and it's now visible as the belly gets larger. B's been able to feel the baby move which is a pretty awesome thing to get to share with him, I can't lie. And Cody often cuddles with me at night on the couch and I'm just waiting for the day when he feels a direct baby kick and looks at me asking WTF was that, Mom?

Otherwise, we're still getting ready for baby - we've got a crib (but not the mattress yet), dresser, bookshelves and rocking chair (which is impressive that it all fits in our teeny little second bedroom!). Once we get things a bit more put together I'll post some pictures. We've got some photographs that I want to move around and actually hang, and we'll be getting an amazing piece of art as a gift from my aunt (I can't wait!). I also bought baby's first clothes this weekend! I was at Goodwill and thought I'd take a look at what they had and of course came home with a bunch of yellow and green onesies, most with ducks on them (which was appropriate as my Ducks were playing WSU that night!). Seriously, too cute.  

We've still got some big things left that we want to get (stroller, car seat, crib mattress) and of course more little things (sheets, clothes, cloth diapers, etc), but we're in a good spot budget wise, which makes me happy. Plus, speaking of budgets, we should have one credit card paid off in a couple of weeks! Cannot wait to have one less money worry (you know, just in time for a lifetime of kid worries!).

And for those of you who are curious - here's me at 24 weeks. Baby says hi.



3 comments:

  1. For the record: you at 24weeks = me after a burrito (and you have better arms). ;) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby update post never fails to make me puddle.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...