Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Ramblings

Today is a big week. First off, I hit this milestone on Sunday:



That's right, I'm officially over halfway done with baking this baby. And baby is the size of a mango. I think it's still sinking in sometimes that there's actually a little boy or girl kicking away in there. I've been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now and I love it when I'm just sitting there and baby starts going to town. Makes me wonder what exactly he (or she) is up to in there!

We have our anatomy scan on Thursday and I've started to get a bit nervous. Nothing has indicated that there will be any issues, but of course you never know. I just really want to hear that everything is developing normally for our little mango! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet, but we're not planning on finding out the gender (we're Team Green as I've seen it called in forum-speak. Hey - be grateful I'm not inundating you with abbreviations here!). I've got more to say on this subject (of course I do!), but the short version is that I always assumed I'd find out the gender. I subscribe to the belief that it's still a surprise, just one found out at either 20 weeks or 40 weeks. But B really didn't want to find out early. And as we talked about it more, I totally got on board and now I'm really excited about not finding out until the baby is born! Reaction from others on this point has been mixed, but our families are super excited for us and that's all that really matters.

I've also been amused to see how Cody has been reacting to the pregnancy so far. I didn't really think he was acting all that different, but B commented the other day that he seems to be more protective of me recently. He's always hated when I yell (I tend to get loud when I voice my displeasure about certain things, for example, ahem, Mr. Akin's comments about the magical powers of a woman's body), but he's gotten more pushy about getting close to me and even lying on me when I do that now. It's almost like he's forcibly trying to lower my blood pressure?


Cody on my lap last night after I went off about something.

It's completely and utterly adorable (and probably works, too, as I always start laughing), but I don't know how successful he's going to be at getting into my lap as the belly gets bigger. Hopefully we can work on transitioning to lying next to me instead of lying on top of me in time for baby to come home.

One of these days I'll try to make a collage or something of the belly pics. I mentioned I'm not planning on doing weekly updates, but it is fun to see the belly progression! At least until I get huge...

2 comments:

  1. Our dog Sage was the same way. She had to be right on top of me the whole time I was pregnant. But she's been very gentle and easy with the baby since he got here. It's amazing that they just "know" and get it. Cody's going to be a very good big brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying this! I'm so excited to see Cody as a big brother (and more so whenever I see pictures of dogs and babies together).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...