Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hypochondriac

B sent me a link to this cartoon from xkcd the other day:



Click to see the full cartoon, including the mouseover which is the best part. Also, did you see yesterday's cartoon?? So cool!

This is so me. I fell a couple of weeks ago and was ridiculously paranoid (I'm fine). I get a weird bump on my arm and tell B it's probably some deadly disease (or it's just a bug bite). And I will definitely tell you that for me, pregnancy has made this worse. Every single slight ache or pain clearly means the baby is in trouble (it's not - we heard the heartbeat again last night and it was an excellent 150bpm). But what if! Yeah, I know. What ifs are stupid. There will always be a what if, and you can't live your life waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

But it's sometimes nice to get reminders every so often that I'm not the only one out there that thinks like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...