Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flashback

I was going through my pictures the other night as I wanted to find a new one for my FB cover photo (after all this time they finally made me switch to Timeline. So I figured I should at least embrace it and find a pretty picture). I ended up using this one (it's also up there in my header photos), as it reminds me of one of my favorite trips with B.

Maui, 2009

We went to the Big Island of Hawaii after I took the Oregon Bar Exam in 2008 and then we went to Maui after he took the same exam in 2009. Both of those trips were so much fun. Our trip in 2008 was actually the first time I'd ever gone on vacation with a boyfriend - I wasn't entirely certain how it was going to pan out, but it was so fun to discover that for the most part we travel really well together (and when I get cranky, just find me food!).

Maui was a blast because I got a vacation and didn't have to suffer through taking the bar. I would like more vacations like that please! Our first night there we sat at the bar of our hotel, drinking mai tais and eating some terrible nachos. As the sun set this guy climbed out on the cliffs to light the torches and then dove off into the water. I'm not sure the last time I felt as completely and utterly relaxed and happy as I did that night, sitting with B and talking about our future. We weren't engaged yet (that would happen just a few months later in December) and we hadn't faced some of the difficult times that we've since dealt with. I knew I wanted to spend my life with him and I feel very blessed to see where we are on that journey. Three years later I feel the same way and hope to make it back to Hawaii soon. There are so many places in the world that I want to visit, but there's something special about the first place you went to with the one you know you're going to spend your life with.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo for so many reasons. The man makes it curious. All I can think is, what is he carrying? What is he doing? I wish I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh beautiful!

    I can't wait for our relaxing vacation this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...