Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A few thoughts


Now that the news is finally out there I can talk about some of the 50,000 things that I've been trying to keep quiet about over here!

First off, maternity pants. Today is my first day wearing a pair of jeans with elastic around the waist, and I have to say, I don't think I ever want to go back to dealing with buttons or zippers. Seriously. Most comfortable thing I think I've ever put on! I think some of my co-workers are amused at how I all of a sudden seem to have a baby bump when I only told them last week, but it's because I've been wearing out all of my flowy and larger tops and am now back to wearing more fitted shirts which show off the growing belly a bit more. But yes, to those of you who told me how much more comfortable maternity pants were rather than trying to stick it out longer in my last pair of fat jeans, you are correct!

Second, I've been writing some thoughts these past few months about my pregnancy thus far. Not weekly updates by any means (I'm only kinda sorta taking weekly photos. I stopped between about 8-12 weeks or so because nothing really appeared to be changing and I had a really crappy phone camera. Now that I have an iphone I'm trying to take more pictures again. But I don't always remember. Plus it seems strange to me for some reason. But more on that later), but a few thoughts about how this pregnancy has been going and other things that I've been wanting to talk about. I don't really have a plan for how I'll be posting them, but probably more or less in chronological order from when I wrote them.

But thirdly, another thing that I've been struggling with a bit is how much I want to share. I never thought that I would stop blogging completely when I had kids, but I figured that I'd be fairly protective of what I shared in this space. I mean, I don't share my full name or B's full name here, so why would I be more open about the privacy of my child? But I'm not sure yet how I feel about extending that to this pregnancy. There are definitely some things that I want to write and talk about, but I think I'm just going to have to see how it goes. I'm sure there will be baby pictures on this blog, but I doubt there will be ultrasound pictures (it seems odd to show you pictures of my insides. I'm all for people sharing what they want, but I think this is a boundary for me, personally). And while I might share our kiddo's first name in a way that I think won't be very google-able, I'm fairly positive I won't share his/her full name.

And who knows? Maybe I'll end up wanting to share more for the singular purpose of wanting to remember certain moments. I fully reserve the right to change my mind on any of this stuff!

Anyway, I'll start posting some of the things I've been mulling over in my own head, and hope that you'll stick around for the journey. And if you have zero interest in kids, well, I'm pretty sure there will still be posts on career thoughts and other random things (though sadly probably much less about wine for the next few months. I miss wine).

3 comments:

  1. I'm wearing a pair of non-maternity jeans today and I HATE THEM. I'm sitting here with my pants unbuttoned and unzipped....lookin' real cool.

    More maternity jeans, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as you. No pictures of my uterus, please and thank you! Also, I won't be talking about my son's genitals. People LOVE to share their thoughts on that and I always think "Your poor kid!" As far as sharing baby's name? Same thing. I think I am going to take a page out of Jenna's(That Wife) book and share his name by photo-shopping it onto a photo and just referring to him by a nickname. That way it's not text that can be googled but I still get to share what we picked!

    Can't wait to read more! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...