Thursday, July 5, 2012

A very happy 4th

Yesterday was one of those days that I've been needing for awhile.


Thanks for the photo, J!


Good friends, good food, epic croquet battles, a home town parade that featured a giant octopus wearing sunglasses, a (fake) camel, a (fake) polar bear, a (real, sort of) roman warrior and a drag queen (among other things), sun, sparklers and a whole lot of fireworks.




Sadly, Cody was not a huge fan of the fireworks and we took the ferry back to Seattle that gave us a great view of the fireworks from Eagle Harbor. Which also meant that he had to suffer through them as well. Ah well, I don't think he's permanently scarred. 




My pictures are terrible because instead of breaking out my camera I enjoyed being in the moment (and soaking up the sun. Oh, how I've needed some Vitamin D!) and only grabbed a couple with my cell phone. Luckily my other friends did break out their cameras, so hopefully I can snag a couple of their pictures soon.


Days like yesterday remind me how very many wonderful people I have in my life and how lucky I am to be a part of their lives as well. 


And it almost makes up for the fact that I had to be back at work today. Almost.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...