Friday, July 13, 2012

Believing in Apps

So last weekend I finally joined the 21st century and got myself my first iPhone. Now, I've had smart phones before, but never an iPhone. In fact, this was actually the first Apple product that I've ever purchased myself. Sure I use a MacBook Pro and iPad at work, but I didn't buy those (and if I ever have to leave my job I won't get to take them with me). And that early Mac computer that I got to play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Yeah, that definitely belonged to my parents. The iPhone however is all mine.


One of the things that I've been having fun with thus far is entertaining myself with all of the apps out there that either only come on iOS or are WAY better on iOS. I'm also very much enjoying finally being able to take screen caps of something on my phone to share with others. I'm sure there was a way that I could have done this with my droid, but I never did figure it out.


So for today's WTF I bring you this:




Now, I'm as happy as the next person that it is finally summer in Seattle and look at all those sunny days we have to look forward to. However, notice that bright ball of sun for Friday? When is that going to happen? It's currently thundering like nobody's business outside (and I've also heard reports of hail). Seriously Seattle, WTF? (or perhaps I should ask Apple's weather app WTF? Does Siri respond to questions like that?). Mainly I'm just annoyed because I actually believed the app and didn't bring a jacket. Also I wore flip flops to work. Which was ultimately stupid as my office is always freezing and you'd think I'd know better by now. 


Sigh. At least it's Friday.


Update: Hahaha, now the app has finally updated to this




At least it finally noted that it was actually thundering out. Granted it only did that after it stopped, but hey, better late than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...