Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Brief update

Do you ever have so many things you want to talk about and absolutely no time to write any of them down? Yeah, that's basically where my head's been at recently. However, for the most part, the reasons for being busy have been good ones.


To start with, work has been fairly crazy lately. After the upheaval of a couple of weeks ago there is a lot of work to be done and not so much time in which to get it done. Which is good, as I like to be busy (I have had jobs where I get through my work quickly and then stare at a computer screen bored out of my head with nothing to do. I do not like those types of jobs). However, I also like to see my husband and puppy, as well as the rest of my family, and I prefer not to be super stressed out about work when I leave the office. So you know, that part hasn't been a ton of fun. Crossing my fingers that I'll find a new balance here shortly.


The other reason that things have been busy is just this time of year, I think. The calendar says it's June, and that means we got to play over Memorial Day weekend with family and then last weekend was my mom's birthday (and today's my parents' anniversary! Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!) Unfortunately, even though the calendar says June, apparently Seattle is experiencing another year of June-uary. Which means it's been rainy and 50 degrees. Which does not really shout the start of summer to me. Sigh. Looks like another year of no summer until after the 4th of July. I don't know why this surprises me every year, but it does. You'd think after 20 years of living in the Northwest I'd be used to it by now?


We did have a couple of great weekends with my parents though. The Saturday before Memorial Day we drove out to eastern Washington to look at some land that my parents bought (my Dad has finally had it with the lack of sun during the winter and wants a place where he can get some sun). It's a great place and I can't wait to see what they decide to build out there. And I love that while it's a bit of a drive, it's close enough to make for some easy weekend get-togethers out there. 


Last weekend was my mom's birthday, and my brother, B and I all headed over to their house for a great afternoon. Of course lots of wine was drunk while we all had a good time. It's times like these that I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have such a great family - and a family that genuinely likes spending time with each other. It'd be even better if my sister and her husband would move up here (hint, hint!), but I'll take time with them whenever I can get it.


Life isn't getting any slower any time soon - this weekend I'm meeting some friends in Chicago (YAY for two short weeks in a row!), then between Father's Day and other weekend plans, before I know it, it'll be the 4th of July and the real start of summer out here (by the way, anyone else hate having the 4th on a Wednesday?). Hoping to get in lots of good walks along the water this summer and soak in as much Vitamin D as possible. For those of you who already have summer where you live, what are your favorite things to do this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...