Friday, June 22, 2012

A bit of random for Friday

This week felt like it would never end. Pretty sure that's what happens when you end up having to work both days over the weekend (though luckily we had the M's game in there and some good family time as well!), and just in general feel like you've been run over by a truck.

But! It's finally Friday and even better, it's officially summer! (though looking outside here in Seattle to see the rain and knowing that it's hovering around 60 degrees means you'd never guess it's actually summer). But, soon the days will warm up and that yellow ball in the sky will reappear (generally happens around July 5). And until then, well, here's some randomness for you to enjoy on your Friday (where it's hopefully warmer and less wet than it is here!).

1. Have you read this article by Anne-Marie Slaughter on Why Women Still Can't Have it All? I have a lot of thoughts on this, but no brain cells to put them into a coherent post yet. So. Read. And let's discuss next week, shall we?

2. My best friend is running her first marathon tomorrow! I am SO excited and proud of her! She ran her first half marathon last year (and kicked ass!), and afterwards decided that she wanted to run a full. So, she's been training the last five months and is so ready to rock this out (which is appropriate, as it's the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon). My other best friend (her twin sister), their parents and I are planning a full day of running around the course to cheer her on. Hopefully the rain will stay away until after the runners are off the course... but being a bit cool out will make for a better course than if we had the heat the East Coast is getting, that's for sure!

3. How is it the middle of June already? Actually, it's past the middle of June. We're practically to the 4th of July already! (which, while I hate to complain about any holiday, really with the 4th on a Wednesday this year? How annoying is that?). But my sister's coming up and I can't wait to see her! 

4. Two weekends ago I had one of the best girls weekends I've had in a really long time. I've got some amazing girl friends in my life, but this was a trip with a group of women who I've gotten to know more recently, and man. They're freaking awesome. I had an absolute blast and I only hope I can go again next year.

5. One of these days I promise I'll post pictures again. Pinky swear. But there's been a slight issue with me and my camera and the lack thereof of a camera cord (actually, I'm pretty sure I know exactly where it is, I've just been too lazy to get it and connect my camera to my computer). I really want an eye-fi card. Pretty sure that's going on my birthday list this year... 

I'm super excited for the marathon tomorrow, but pretty sure I'll need a nap after cheering for S... watching runners work so hard is tough, man! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...