Thursday, May 17, 2012

Getting Through (once again)

So, as I said, yesterday was a rough day. Actually the past week has been pretty rough in general. I don't really want to get into specific details here, but let's just say we had a major reorganization at my company this week.


First off, I do still have a job. This is good. Also, if things go well I should get a raise (that I asked for and have been promised) in a couple of months. This is also good.


Now it's buckle-down-and-get-the-work done time.


But before that can happen, I have to process everything that's happened this week. I've had some time to think about it, and I completely understand the rationale. And I've been on the other side of this type of thing before. It's not personal, it's business. I get it. But ultimately, it still sucks. 


However, waking up this morning I did feel a bit of relief. I think mainly because it's over and I didn't have to dread it anymore. And because I have confidence in the new direction that we're headed. Without that, I'm pretty sure I'd be feeling more stuck than ever right now. 


In any event, I wanted to say thanks again to all of you who reached out to me yesterday. I love this community that I've found and I love that it includes people I've never met but get to interact with online, as well as people who know me from various other parts of my life. Y'all are pretty awesome, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hope things get better, glad you woke up feeling a little relief today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...