Friday, May 25, 2012

The Friday Before

 a 3 day weekend is both the best and worst kind of day.


The best because, hello? THREE DAY WEEKEND!


It's also the worst though because it's one more day to get through before you can enjoy the three day weekend. Ah well, at least the weekend is close.


The bummer is that I woke up this morning with a really bad sore throat. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was sick which is actually kind of amazing to me. For most of my adult life I've had a fairly predictable schedule of being healthy most of the time but getting one knock out cold each year in the spring and fall. Perhaps it's due to spending most of my life in school? 


The last time I really remember being sick was back in late 2009 or early 2010 when both B and I were knocked out for at least a week. B is actually pretty sure he had some version of the H1N1 flu that was going around at the time. I'm not positive that's what it was, but man, I just remember that it wasn't fun. Hopefully this is just a one day kind of a thing and it goes away quickly so I can enjoy the weekend without wanting to stay in bed the whole time!


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and many, many thanks to all of the brave men and women who are serving (or have served) in the military for this country. This weekend may have turned into the unofficial start of summer, but we know what you've sacrificed and we honor you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...