Monday, April 30, 2012

A Really Happy Day

Ok, so yes, May starts tomorrow, but today is Monday and even if it's not the beginning of a new month it feels like a new beginning for so many different reasons. So with that, I wanted to talk about something that happened this weekend. My really happy, full of huge relief weekend.


If you remember, a few months ago I was stressed out beyond belief because I was taking the Washington state bar exam (my second bar exam - I'd taken and passed the Oregon exam back in 2008). I mentioned that I wasn't feeling quite as stressed earlier in the process, but I think it just took a bit longer for it to really hit me. I was going to be sitting in a big hall writing essays for 2 1/2 days straight. Basically spitting out all the black letter law that I could remember for 18 different subjects (but staying within the very strict character counts for each essay). 


And then I was going to have to wait for two months for my results while they graded 24 essays for each person who took the exam. 


I got those results on Saturday.


I passed.


My name will be on the list of passing applicants that's published on the Bar's website today. 


I am incredibly happy, but most of all I feel relief. I'd been getting scared that perhaps I hadn't done enough studying. That maybe I didn't know those subjects as well as I thought I did. What if I hadn't explained something as clearly as I could have? What if, what if, what if.


Thankfully, I don't have to dwell in that rabbit hole anymore. There are still a few things that I have to do before I'm officially licensed to practice in this state, but the big hurdle is behind me. 


And I've already told B that we are never moving anywhere that will require me to take another bar exam, ever again. Once was enough. Twice is way more than enough. 


But I passed.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Seriously, my sister-in-law has taken the bar three times now (NY, LA, WA). I wouldn't ever move out of state if I were you, either!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...