Friday, April 27, 2012

A Month of Happiness

Ok, so Google still hates me, but I'm getting used to it at least. That doesn't mean I have to like it though.


However, on that note, I've been realizing just how down I've been lately. Both in this space and in my head. And I'm getting tired of it (and I'm sure you are, too, even if you've been kind enough not to say so). So with that, I want to try something new for May. Instead of complaining about everything that is going wrong (or at least isn't going right), I want to spend the next 31 days focusing on all the good that is in my life. Because there's a lot of it. And reminding myself of that is a good thing (see, there I go, starting already!).


My friend Marisa did this last year (I think?) where she specifically focused on a month of being open to happiness (I might be getting this wrong as I didn't go back and find her posts. Sorry if I'm mangling this, but I appreciate the starting point!). So for the month of May I'm going to be posting about the good things and what's going right in my life. 


And the best thing that I could leave you with? A picture of my ridiculous dog (thanks to B for this shot!) (I should also note that whenever we find him like this our modus operandi is to laugh, take a photo and then kick him the hell off the bed. But c'mon, how can you not laugh???).




Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds like a great idea and hopefully some of it will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea! Love the pic, my dog does the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...