Friday, March 16, 2012

Well

I love saying that I'll write more and then *poof* the week disappears and I'm just now writing again. Sigh. At some point I will regain the balance that allows me time to write as well as time to spend with friends and family (and, you know, work, too). 


I actually did write a long post the other day, but I'm still trying to decide if I'll publish it. It's more political in nature than I generally get on here, so I'm not sure. That might just be a weekend treat if I can polish it up a bit more.


In other news, not much is going on with me. We're flying out for a family wedding in a few weeks, and I'm really excited about it. We all gathered together in January back on the east coast to bury my grandmother, and it'll be really good to see my extended family again so soon for a much happier occasion. All of my cousins and I grew up together on the North Carolina coast for two weeks every summer. It's been harder as we've all gotten older to do that anymore. So for now we use weddings (and unfortunately funerals) as the reason to gather.


I'm also particularly excited to be in the south for a few days because it will be WARM (and hopefully sunny!). Every year about this time I start to go nuts - it's still cold and rainy in Seattle, but friends in other parts of the country start talking about how warm and great the spring is. I'm ready for spring! And I know that it's still a ways out. I love Seattle, but even I have my breaking point!


Any fun weekend plans out there? I'm looking forward to relaxing on the couch and watching some basketball. Love March Madness! (and so far my bracket hasn't cratered yet - but of course that could all change with the next game!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...