Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games!

Moving on to a slightly lighter topic, as most of you are probably aware, The Hunger Games opens today! And for the first time in a (VERY) long time, I am actually going to see a movie on its opening day. I was probably in high school the last time that happened (well, there was this time that I tried to go see a midnight showing of one of the Star Wars movies, but that didn't work out very well...).




I loved the books (including the third one that I've heard so many people say they dislike, and my only response is, seriously? How did you expect it to end? With sunshine and roses?). And I am so happy to see the good reviews that the movie is getting, because I'll admit, I was really nervous about how many ways they could screw this one up.


B and I are also going to be enjoying our first time at a great theater in town which is 21+, which means that not only do I get to see the movie on opening day, but I get to enjoy a beer at the same time. This week has definitely not been sunshine and roses, so I'm really excited that we're at the end of it with a great movie to kick off the weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have a theater that is 21+!! No screaming kids = an awesome viewing experience imo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've never been to this theater but have heard only good things. So excited!

      Delete
  2. I didn't expect it to end all pretty...

    But I did want her to end up with Gale!

    (I'm also really jealous of your 21+ theater...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nope, I never wanted her to end up with Gale (I always figured they were too alike and he could never fully understand what she'd gone through).

      Delete
    2. Hehe, I totally agree with you about Gale. :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to try out a 21+ showing! Let us know how it goes - it sounds amazing and so much fun! And yay Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...