Thursday, January 12, 2012

Holding Pattern

I feel like I'm in a holding pattern in a variety of ways right now. My grandmother continues to slide, but is still holding on.  I am very, very grateful that my mom is able to be there with her (and has been since a couple of days after Christmas). My grandmother is an amazing woman who lived a pretty incredible life (she was born in China, was the first woman council member in her city, raised six amazing kids and ensured that all of her grandchildren got to spend two weeks with each other every summer on the beach. Among the many other things she did in her nearly 94 years).


There are also other things going on that I can't really talk about here and now. They have to do with that part of my life that I don't speak about very publicly here. Which is a shame, because as a topic itself I love talking about careers. But I just don't feel like I can talk about mine. I may not use my name here, but this is hardly an anonymous blog (hello, pictures of me and my family everywhere!). Still, I'm hoping at some point to work a little more career talk in here - if not mine specifically, then about career paths more generally. Mine has been somewhat of a doozy, but I can't imagine that's all that unique in this day and age.


And I'm on a vague no-alcohol-sort-of-paleo diet this month. Except not really as the alcohol bit has been challenged several times, and will likely be challenged several more times before February. At least I am sticking to the no-drinking-on-a-regular-basis-during-the-week plan. Which was really the main point anyway. And then B made banana bread today and it was delicious (and also not my first cheat away from paleo this month either. Oh well). I am sticking with P90X, so that's been good. But I'm just feeling a little meh, and I'm not really clear on how to snap myself out of that. 


So for now, I'm just hoping that several things will come together in short order so that I can feel like I'm moving forward again.


Update 1/13/12: I found out earlier this evening that my grandmother passed away today. She was a wonderful woman and I will be sharing much more about her in due time. 


For now I'm toasting to her wonderful life and preparing to head to North Carolina to celebrate her with my family. Thank you all for your thoughts for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...