Sunday, December 11, 2011

Choose



Choose: What was the biggest choice you made in 2011? What caused you to choose what you chose?


How many choices have I made this year that have affected my life? A lot. But there are two that stand out in my mind as being the biggest choices of the past year.


The first one? Saying "I do" to my husband. Yes, I already made the choice to marry him when he proposed in 2009. But in February of this year, we each made the choice to formalize that commitment to each other. And I'm so happy I did. Definitely the best choice I could have made.


The second one? Trusting myself and not choosing to take the first job offer I received after being unemployed for several months when we moved back to Seattle. I was so frustrated with my job search and really didn't know what I wanted to do, and yet the first thing I did when I was offered that job was to burst into tears. Because I knew I didn't want it. Because I was in the running for a job that I wanted much more, and because deep down inside I was still holding out hope that there was an even better job out there for me. 


It took a lot for me to walk away from that job, not knowing for certain how things were going to turn out and whether something else would come through for me. I'm so thankful that it worked out, but I'm also thankful for trusting my gut and not getting myself into a bad situation where I would have been searching for a new job within a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...