Monday, December 12, 2011

Appreciate


Appreciate: In which moment did you find yourself flooded with gratitude? How will you rally around gratitude in 2012?


I know I'm pulling a lot from our wedding, but that was the single biggest emotional moment of 2011 for me. And a lot of these prompts bring me back to that weekend. While I felt a lot of appreciation and gratitude during that weekend (especially when looking at what so many people did the day of the wedding to pull together such a beautiful ceremony), one of the moments that sticks out to me the most was during the bonfire we had the night before the wedding.



There were so many people there who I love - family, friends, people I had just met that day and already considered them to be part of my family. 



It was the beginning of one of my favorite weekends and I remember the overwhelming amount of gratitude I felt for all of my friends and family who were able to celebrate with us.



I'm not entirely certain that I'll ever be able to top that feeling, so for 2012 I want to hold onto that gratitude. My family and friends are the most important people to me, and I always want them to know how much they mean to me.


*All photos by Persimmon Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...