Thursday, November 3, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: Let's Dance!


I absolutely love dancing. I look ridiculous while doing it, but it's just so much fun I can't help it. Mr. EB, however, is not a fan of dancing. But he promised to dance with me at our wedding, and he more than lived up to that promise (and I'm pretty sure he had some fun, too!). 







Our first dance was to Iron and Wine's "Love & Some Verses." It was perfect, and our band even learned the song so that they could play it live. (And I don't think our photographers minded that we borrowed their first dance song either!)


The best part about having our band learn the song was that they were able to make it a bit shorter (while I love to dance I knew I would be incredibly self-conscious being out there by ourselves on the dance floor, so I didn't want to dance for the entire length of the song).




After our first dance, Mr. EB danced with his mom and I danced with my dad to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version). About halfway through the song we opened up the dance floor to everyone else. This worked out great for us - we had part of the song to dance specifically with our parents, but then the rest of the song to share with all of our family and friends. 

I have no idea what my dad said here, but clearly I thought it was pretty funny!







Once the dances were out of the way, everyone took to the floor and didn't leave! Our band was fantastic (sure, I may be biased because they're friends, but they really were great). Everyone had a good time and there were plenty of spaces for people to wander to if they didn't want to be directly on the dance floor.










Co-MOH S even got up and sang with the band, too!








I got to dance with my new husband, my parents, my in-laws, with my best girlfriends from high school, college and law school, my siblings, my cousins - it was absolutely perfect.


We cut the cake during a quick break from the dance floor (IslandWood made all of the desserts for our dessert table and they were amazing!). 

 




 


We only had a cake in the first place because my mom wanted cake-cutting photos. I didn't want to stop the action and people kept asking if they could eat the cake, so I grabbed Mr. EB and my mom and we cut the cake! Sadly, that was my only bite of dessert all evening, but man that was a good cake.

It was about this time that Kat and Justin mentioned they had a little surprise for Mr. EB and myself back in the Great Hall...



*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.

Want to catch up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...