Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIF

Ok, so I'm still stressed out, but it no longer looks like the sky is falling and I've moved on from my WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE freakout. So I'm going to take that feeling and go with it and start to look on the bright side. Which, first off, is that it's Friday. Thank freaking god.


Other bright side news? Finding out some things about work has prompted me to jump back in to networking with people in my profession. No, I'm not planning on changing jobs any time soon, but I've done a really terrible job of growing my network since moving back to Seattle. That's just dumb, because as my father has always drilled into my head, you need your network in place long before you actually need to use it. I should be involved in my profession and community and actively trying to help others long before I need to ask for help myself. I've found several people that I want to talk to and get to know better and have already set up a time to meet with one of them. Go me.


Also on the not-being-a-hermit track, I've got plans with a bunch of friends tomorrow night which could keep me out of the house past 10pm. I love my husband and I love being a homebody (most of the time), but sometimes a girl just needs to let loose and dance which is what will be happening tomorrow. After spending a good portion of the day relaxing with my girls. Plus there's football to be enjoyed and all that other good stuff. 


And while I'm still nervous about my upcoming surgery, I'm feeling better about it and am looking forward to life post-surgery.


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and are looking on the bright side of things yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...