Saturday, November 19, 2011

Recovery

At home, sitting in a surprisingly perfectly angled Ikea Poang chair, watching football and keeping an eye on the clock. As the second hand ticks past, it means it's closer to another round of pain meds. Also the USC-OR game (Go Ducks!).


I don't love how the pain meds are making me feel (super fuzzy head, very out of it, and ready to fall asleep at the drop of a hat - but only sometimes), so I'm hoping to be off of them soon. On the other hand, I also know better than to let myself go too long if I am in pain. So I'm trying to figure that out.


Overall, things haven't been so bad, though this morning has been a bit rough. Had more of an appetite last night, not so much of one right now. Though I'm trying to keep something in my stomach since I know that ultimately that will make me feel better. Sleeping's been interesting - I'm trying to keep myself propped up a bit due to the pain in my shoulder (from the gas), but then I get uncomfortable and have trouble getting into a new position. Slept in the living room the last two nights (so did B - he was worried he wouldn't wake up if I needed him if he was in the bedroom), but moved back to the bed around 4 this morning. I think that helped. I'll probably try that tonight (yay for having lots of pillows!).


Mainly this has been an exercise in patience - patience for myself and letting my body heal at whatever rate it needs to. Patience with letting others help me - particularly my husband who has been awesome (seriously, I'm pretty sure I got the best husband out there). Patience with myself when I need to let other responsibilities go (ie stop replying to work emails when I can't effect much change right now and my head's too fuzzy to make much sense anyway!). 


Cody still isn't quite sure what's going on and why I'm not playing with him and letting him up to snuggle. He's figuring it out slowly that he needs to be careful with me, though he'd still prefer I throw his toys for him.


Finally, I really want to thank all of you who have reached out to me with good wishes the last couple of days! It meant a lot to read them all when I woke up on Thursday. You're all pretty amazing and I wish I could send cookies to everyone once I was feeling better! In all seriousness, thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're out of the woods & feeling (a bit?) better. I'm not good with pain meds either, so I totally understand. I do find that food helps - I suppose the absorbing factor? Hoping you start feeling great towards the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...