Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Only Wednesday?

It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday. And today was one of those days where you go from a two hour conference call to a spur of the moment lunch meeting with your boss to trying to figure out what exactly needs to happen (and when!) for the 17 different people are asking you to draft documents that may or may not have something to do with each other. Oh and look into terminating this contractor and review this contract to see if we can get out of it. At least there was a puppy at work to play with.


Yup, I'm definitely back at work.


I was working last week while I was at home recovering from the surgery, but it was a pretty slow week with the Thanksgiving holiday (thank goodness!), and working on my couch in yoga pants is vastly preferable to actually getting dressed and coming into the office (even though I get to wear jeans to work. Yoga pants are always superior to jeans). It also probably didn't help that this morning's usually 20 minute commute took nearly an hour (thus leaving me not as much time to prepare for everything that needed to happen this morning). 


Anyway. There really isn't much of a point to this. Just that it's felt like a very long week and I still have two more days to get through. And then come Saturday I officially start to study for the bar. Again. Except that last time I was studying for a bar exam it was the summer of 2008, I was a newly minted law grad living by myself and I had nothing else to do for 6 weeks except study for the bar (thank god for bar stipends). Being married and working full time and attempting some sort of a social life during the holidays sounds as though it will be a bit different experience this time around...


But! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. And that light is the first week of March which has already been blocked off as a week of relaxation for our belated honeymoon/first anniversary/bar trip extravaganza. Even if we just drive to the coast and rent a cabin there, it shall be an extravaganza (apparently my definition of extravaganza involves a beach and copious amounts of alcohol. I would like for it to include the sun and warm breezes, but hey, I'll take what I can get!).


Just have to keep swimming until March...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...