Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Am Thankful

I am thankful for:


My husband - he has waited on me hand and foot this past week doing everything he could to make me as comfortable as possible. And he would do this for me even if I hadn't just had surgery. 


My family - they are truly amazing. My parents have been there for me through all of the ups and downs in my life, and I can't even imagine where I'd be without their support. My brother and sister and new brother-in-law are equally amazing and I'm so looking forward to spending more time with them (with no wedding discussions for any of us!).


My friends - how have I been blessed with so many amazing people to call friends? I only hope they know how special they are to me, and how much brighter my life is with them in it.


My dog - yup, I am thankful for the crazy puppy that is Cody. He helped keep me sane through law school, has made a new best friend out of my husband, and will be a great buddy to our future kiddos (nope, not pregnant now though!).


My job and my co-workers - last year at this time was pretty rough. I had no idea that I would end up working with such an amazing group of people (including people who would bring me and my husband dinner this past week!).


My health - this is a big one. Before this surgery I've generally been a pretty healthy person. Sure, I broke bones and got the twice a year cold, but that was about it. I know that I can't take my health for granted, and must be more vigilant about keeping it in good condition going forward. I know so many others have a much harder time of it, and I'm trying to make sure I remember how lucky I am.


My life - I may bitch and moan sometimes, and I might joke about just how broke we are right now, but we have what matters and we'll work to dig our way out and get to the life that we want. Knowing that, and reminding myself how lucky I am in so many ways helps a lot.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, and I hope you have a wonderful (and safe!) holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Great post - hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...