Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pinterest Recipes

I've been on Pinterest for a little while now, and one of my favorite things about it has been the ability to both find new recipes as well as keep track of ones that I've been wanting to try. Now granted, as I've mentioned many times, I am not the cook in our house. My husband is most definitely the cook and a damned good one. However, he always appreciates when I make dinner, plus I love to bake, so I find myself in the kitchen every so often. Some of the things that I've made recently that I found on Pinterest are:


French Onion Soup




This was absolutely amazing. I think it was even better because I was able to throw it together in the morning and then we got to smell it all afternoon while we were watching football and doing things around the house. I then had enough left over so that B and I had it for lunch the next couple of days. I love French Onion Soup, and I'm so happy that I have a great go-to recipe for it now! And bonus? I finally used the crockpot we got for our wedding!


Pumpkin Muffins (with cream cheese frosting)




These were super tasty. The first time I made them I used a spice cake box mix and while they were tasty, I was pretty sure I could make them better. I had a ton of cream cheese frosting left over so I made another batch today, and since I didn't have a boxed cake mix I used this recipe for the dry ingredients. I also added some cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg to add a bit of spice to the mix. I really like the taste and texture of my second batch, but I need to adjust the leavening agent as they didn't rise very much. But they're still just as tasty with copious amounts of cream cheese frosting!


Cheesy bread (great pizza crust!)




I made this the last time that B went out of town - it ended up being an excellent dinner and then multiple snacks the next day. I really liked the crust on this, but I don't think I'll use the parchment paper the next time. I'm not sure if it just got a little bit wet on my counter or what, but it stuck pretty badly to the bottom of the crust. Fine for me to tear off, but certainly not something I'd want to serve to anyone else! Pretty sure that one was user error though...


So what are your favorite recipes you've found on Pinterest? I'm always looking for new things to try!

4 comments:

  1. That cheese bread looks so tasty! We've had a lot of hits from Pintrest and only one miss so far (but that was only because my husband is not a fan of veggies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO good! I'm kind of amazed that so many things have turned out so well - glad you're having so much success too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually tried making French Onion soup on my own. This looks do-able. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally making the French Onion soup. Gotta try out the crockpot one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...