Friday, October 21, 2011

And the pain continues

Do you ever think you've got something figured out, and in so doing, forget about all of the warning signs you should really be paying attention to?


Yeah. About that. I'm currently awake having one of the worst attacks I've had in awhile. 


Because I thought I had my body figured out and I was in control.


Apparently not. Definitely not. I'd been starting to think that maybe there was another way to fix this, and that surgery wasn't really necessary. I don't know how I thought I could manage this pain any other way when nothing has worked for the past 8 months, but I did. 


This is not something that I want to have to live with any longer than I have to.


If nothing else, it's become a painful reminder to me that I'm never really in control, am I?

5 comments:

  1. I just read this post and the one before it...and I want to say that I'm incredibly sorry you're going through all this. :-( I really hope that the surgery will go well, and that all your medical troubles will soon be behind you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. I haven't had an attack this bad in a long time, so I thought I was managing it ok. Definitely ready to no longer be in pain though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh trust me, I understand your "pain". Both physically and metaphorically. I've had the same feelings about my back for the past 9yrs. I've tried to control it through medication, physical therapy, diet, exercise... I'm just going to have to get the &(*^%'n surgery.

    Just think how it'll all be over once you have it taken care of. :) We're here for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! I got a nap in after work and am feeling a lot better now. It just shows how careful I need to be until the surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...