Thursday, September 15, 2011

Weddings, Birthdays and Toast Writing

My beautiful sister is getting married this weekend! I am so excited for her and cannot wait to be a part of her day, as she was such an integral part of my wedding day back in February.


I am still trying to finish the toast that I'm planning on giving, but as I've been writing it I keep remembering all of the things we did growing up together, and it's a little bit amazing to see how far we've come since running around in the woods chasing our little brother (who's now taller than both of us).

The other part of this weekend is my birthday! Friday I turn 30 - officially leaving my 20s behind for a new decade (never mind those who say that I'm actually ending the decade with this year - I'm looking at it as a beginning!). I have always loved my birthday, though to be honest as the numbers get higher it feels a little bit weirder celebrating them. Due to distance I have not gotten to spend a birthday with my family in a very long time, so I feel very blessed to be able to spend the day with them this year. Even more so because we're spending the day in wine country. I think that's an excellent way to ring in my 30s!

This is the first wedding that B and I will have been to as a married couple, and while I won't be sitting next to him during the ceremony, I am very much looking forward to laughing and dancing with him all night long. These past 7 months have been pretty great for us, and I'm so excited to celebrate with my sister now and welcome her fiance into the family!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister, and welcome to the 30 club! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early birthday! Hope you have a great time with your family and congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! So excited to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your sister & Happy Birthday!! Don't worry, I always say you're not in your 30's till you're 31. I'm 33 though, so I'm stuck. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...