Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Books I'm Loving

I like to do this periodically, both as a way to recommend new books in case anyone else is looking for a new read, and a way to look back at what I've been interested in.




We don't have HBO so I haven't gotten a chance to see this as a miniseries yet, but after everyone started talking about it (and always mentioning how good the books were), I figured that I should read the books while waiting for the show to come out on dvd. Turns out I absolutely love it. Even though it's a little bit darker than what I normally gravitate to, it sucks me in and I can't put it down. I'm halfway through the second book (this one is taking me longer as work has gone crazy and I don't have as much time to read which is so hard!). But I'm really looking forward to seeing where Mr. Martin takes this world.


I read Omnivore's Dilemma a few years ago and this has been sitting on our shelves with B reminding me to read it every so often. With the health issues I've been dealing with and the changes that I've made in my diet, I've been more and more interested in food and how I can make myself feel better (and I'll be honest, look better as well) by focusing on my diet. I haven't finished this one yet, but loving it so far.


And there's one other book that I've been reading, but I'm pretty sure that deserves a post of its own, which will be coming soon, promise! 


So what's on your reading lists lately? I'm a champion re-reader of books that I already own, but I'm trying hard to work on my Unread Library. Slowly but surely I'll get there (even though I'm not helping since I'm technically now buying the rest of the Game of Thrones trilogy...).

2 comments:

  1. Gah! I want to read the Game of Thrones books SOO badly! I'm waiting for a friend to finish #1 so I can have it when he's done. ;) The HBO show really is good even though it's pretty gory & I hear that it's close to the book (although apparently Stannis is more present in book 1 than in the show). Ok sorry, I won't geek out here... basically - yeah, I'm obsessed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! They're SO good - and plenty gory too :) But definitely start them as soon as you can get your hands on the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...