Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: Photos with our People

After we finished our photos at the Treehouse, we headed back to the Lodge to meet up with our bridal party. 



If I do say so myself, we had a pretty spectacular group of people surrounding us on our wedding day. From our siblings to some of our oldest and dearest friends, these are the people who have known us the longest and supported us in all we've done.




I thought my girls looked beautiful in their different black dresses and blue pashmina shawls, and the guys in their non-matching gray suits looked fantastic as well. 











And I'm still so happy and grateful that my 7 months pregnant friend was able to make it up for the wedding - it just would not have been the same without her (when you've known someone for 18 years and you were in her wedding 7 years ago, you do everything you can to make it so she can be there!).





One of the things that I'm so happy we remembered to do was to get a picture of me with each of my girls (including Mr. EB's sister and groomswoman B), and a picture of Mr. EB with each of his groomspeople. 





However, in all the excitement of finishing up bridal party pictures and trying to get back to the Great Hall for the ceremony it didn't occur to me to get a picture with just me and my brother. Or one of the three of us. Ah well, at least I have this gem of my brother and sister to remind me how they really felt during pictures!


But it did make me realize that if I could do it all over again, I'd be more proactive about thinking about specific pictures that I wanted and communicate that to several other people who would be around during pictures and help remind me about certain shots.


After pictures were done, it was time to head back to the Great Hall so that the ceremony could begin! Luckily, our sweet ride (aka golf cart) was there to make sure we got there in style. Or at least in one piece, if not slightly bruised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...