Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: It's Time!

As we drove back to the Great Hall after pictures with our bridal party, I finally started to get the teensiest bit nervous. It was time! Time to say the vows in front of my family and friends that would make Mr. EB my husband. Time to listen to him say those same vows. Time to declare in front of our community that we were a family.




As we reconvened back in the room behind the Great Hall, my dad saw me for the first time in my dress. My dad has been there for me through all of the ups and downs in my life, and has taught me so many lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I couldn't believe that it was nearly time for me to walk down the aisle with him at my wedding.




My aunt helped me put on my veil - the veil that so many other women in my family have worn. And in that moment, I felt connected to them all - as if I was joining a new community of women who had taken this step before me.




I made sure that the sixpence in my shoe was affixed so that it wouldn't fall out as I walked down the aisle.


I hurriedly added a spritz of perfume - although not the scent that I had originally planned on wearing (Happy Heart from Clinique) as I had forgotten it back in my room and no one could find it. Fortunately Bridesmaid K had a bottle of Calvin Klein Truth with her, which is what I used to wear for years. I don't wear it very often anymore so it was new for Mr. EB, but it was a familiar, comforting smell for me. And made me quite happy that my original plan hadn't worked.




There was a flurry of activity around me as everyone did last minute touch ups to hair or make-up, and straightened ties and checked that pocket squares were still folded correctly.






We picked up our flowers - white tulips for me and colored tulips for my girls.




Our wedding party walked out of the room to up for the ceremony.




I looked at my Dad and realized that it was time.



*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.

Want to catch up?

We bottle and seal our wedding wine.
We finish our projects one week out.

2 comments:

  1. You are so classically beautiful - the pearls, the dress, the hair flower, the chignon, the tulips - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet - thank you so much for saying that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...