Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: Family Pictures

After the ceremony ended and Mr. EB and I were finally married, there was one more thing we had to do to make it legal - sign the marriage certificate.



Annemarie made sure to have a place in the back set up for us specifically to have a few moments alone and to sign the marriage license. She also made sure we each had a glass of water before pictures and cocktail hour. I'm so glad she did this as it was the first thing I'd had to drink since lunch, and I knew that I needed to drink more water before I started drinking our wedding wine!




Once we signed and my sister and Mr. EB's best friend witnessed it, our marriage was official!


We made our way outside to take family pictures, of which I wanted to share a few with you:


 Mr. EB and me with Mr. EB's immediate family, including his grandmother and cousin

Mr. EB with his mom and dad


Mr. EB with his parents and their partners


Mr. EB and his sister


Us with our parents


Mr. EB and me with my immediate family


And the two of us with my family, including my grandmother


The only picture that I'm bummed not to have is one of me with my brother and sister. I completely spaced asking for that during the earlier bridal party pictures and then again during our family pictures. So once again, definitely tell someone if there are shots that you know you'll want!


And this picture is just to remind you that while the day was absolutely gorgeous and I'm so thankful that it didn't rain, it was so. very. cold. And I was standing outside without a coat on. And I hadn't yet had a glass of wine. And I was really ready for one.




After the pictures with our family, Kat asked to do a few more portraits of the two of us.







Now by this point, I must confess that I was really over pictures. I knew that I didn't want a lot of posed, formal family portraits. No matter how many or few we planned on, I knew they were going to take longer than I wanted and take away from getting to spend time with all of our guests during the cocktail hour. Also, did I mention it was cold? Yeah, I was freezing, and I'm not proud of it, but I started to get cranky the longer we stayed out there. Kat read my mood perfectly and I think she did a fantastic job of getting enough pictures so that I was really happy with them afterwards, but also getting us done and back inside for cocktail hour. 


Oh, and as a note to people with large families, I really wanted to avoid the production of getting all of my large extended family in one place for a big family picture. That didn't work. At all. I'm honestly not sure why I thought it would work, knowing my family! Luckily, we did that later, indoors and by that time I'd had a glass of wine!


Told you there were a lot of us!

*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.

Want to catch up?

We bottle and seal our wedding wine.
We finish our projects one week out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...