Thursday, August 18, 2011

Seven Links

The wonderful KJ tagged me last week in her 7 Links post (after I mentioned that I hadn't done it yet), and I was so excited to write mine! And then of course work and life got absolutely crazy, so here it's taken me over a week to finally get this post up... Sigh.


I really liked going back through my older posts to choose my 7 links. I've been writing in this space for over a year now, and while I originally started posting as a way to write about my wedding, I've ended up with so much more. A space where I can talk about whatever I want. A space through which I've made some amazing friends. A space where I can share what's going on with me and hear from others who have gone through similar experiences.


And with that, here are the posts I chose...


Most Beautiful




I wrote this post about letting go as part of my responses to the Reverb 2010 challenge. It's a nice reminder of what I wanted to let go of this year and how I may or may not be succeeding with that at any particular moment.


Most Popular




Ok, I realize it might not have been the most popular post on my own blog, but my post on what's in a name got a lot of comments when it went up on Weddingbee and I still really like it, so I think it works here.


Most Controversial




Um, I am apparently not at all controversial. Or maybe I just need to work harder at it so that I get more followers who can then disagree with me? Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I think the closest I have so far is my post questioning the necessity of sending out save the dates. Which I then decided to send out anyway. Fail at this category self.


Most Helpful




I loved reading the Happiness Project, and I thought the list that I excerpted about the Secrets of Adulthood was incredibly helpful for me. Hopefully a few others found it a little bit helpful as well! And no, the picture has nothing to do with the post, I just wanted to throw in a gratuitous Cody photo for all those who haven't seen a picture of my dog yet.


A Post Whose Success Surprised Me





I think one of the posts that surprised me the most by its reaction was my post in defense of Moms. I might be cheating again as it didn't get any comments here on my blog but was one of my more commented posts that ran on Weddingbee.


A Post I Feel Didn't Get the Attention it Deserved






I love the idea of spending time at a set period of the day with your spouse to connect and focus on each other without other distractions. I wished this had generated more discussion about how other couples make time to connect.


Post I'm Most Proud Of



I think that the one of the posts I'm most proud of is what I wrote about my fear of anxiety on my wedding day. I was really worried about how I was going to react on the day of, and it went so much better than I could have imagined. Writing about it afterwards made me remember the wonderful day and how the day was everything I wanted it to be, rather than everything I was afraid might happen.


So there are a few of my posts - lots of them are wedding related (as I said, it started as a wedding blog after all and I'm still finishing up my recaps!), but I hope for anyone who hasn't been around these parts too long they give you a little bit of insight into my blog.


I think most everyone I know has been tagged already, but if you haven't been tagged I hereby ask you to do this post and then tell me about it so I can read it!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been tagged! Also, I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I hereby tag you - I want to see your 7 links!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...