Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: Our First Look

All along, I knew I wanted us to do a first look. Mr. EB took a little bit of convincing, and I think if it had been totally up to him, he probably would have preferred us wait to see each other until I walked down the aisle. But I really wanted the time with him alone, before we were around anyone else. I wanted to look him in the eyes, to hug him and kiss him, to celebrate the step that we were about to take and have it be a private moment for just the two of us (and our photographers too, but Kat and Justin felt like old friends by that point, so it didn't seem weird that they were there). Luckily, after I explained my feelings about this to Mr. EB, he was more than happy to go along!



Since we ended up having such beautiful weather, Kat suggested that we do our first look at the Suspension Bridge. Luckily there was a golf cart that could take us down there, because while it wasn't a super long hike, it was definitely longer than I wanted to walk in a white dress!



Justin and Mr. EB got there first and waited while I finished getting ready. And here is where I'll be perfectly honest. Even though I thought I had done a good job of staying on schedule while I was getting ready, I ended up being about 20 minutes late to meet Mr. EB. Not usually a huge deal, but remember this was February, and even though it was sunny and beautiful out, it was absolutely freezing. Luckily Justin had prepared Mr. EB that I would likely not be on time, but I still felt bad when I realized just how long he'd been waiting there!


Once I (finally!) arrived, I snuck up behind him as quietly as one can on a creaky suspension bridge. Actually that's a total lie, I may or may not have been bouncing up and down in my excitement to get to him!








If felt so good to hug him!


After taking the private minutes together that we wanted, we took a few more pictures on the bridge.








And then we were off to the Tree House for more pictures before meeting the rest of our bridal party!


My tip for portraits before the ceremony? It's nothing you haven't heard before, but give yourself lots and lots of time to get ready. If you finish early, great! More time to hang with your girls! But if you are running late? Don't panic. Maybe you'll take a few less photos, or go to one less location. It'll be ok! Just focus on your partner and your excitement for each other and the day will take over.


Oh, and if a couple of guests happen to interrupt you while you're taking photos? Give them a hug and tell them you'll see them soon! The perils of taking pictures on the only bridge people had to cross to get back to their cabins!





*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.

Want to catch up?

We bottle and seal our wedding wine.
We finish our projects one week out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these pictures are gorgeous! I love the bridge and all the trees! And of course, you look so beautiful and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great!! I love the colors & the bridge - I don't even know which one's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! It was such beautiful light that day - even if it was freezing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...