Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: The Girls Get Pretty!

After we rehearsed, it was time to start getting pretty! The staff at IslandWood very graciously let us use one of the rooms back in their office so that we could be close to the Great Hall. This was perfect for me so that I could spend time with my girls as we got our hair and makeup done, but still peek in on the set up in the Great Hall.


Prior to the wedding I thought briefly about doing my own makeup. However, my bridesmaids surprised me a few months before the wedding and gifted me my hair and makeup. It ended up making the day much less stressful for me not to worry about my makeup, and they did a fantastic job! Bridesmaid K has worked in the salon industry in Seattle and has some very good friends that were willing to give us a great deal for hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids and Mr. EB's sister (who was his groomswoman).









We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon together, laughing and reminiscing. I met most of my bridesmaids when I was 10, and due to distance and busy schedules we don't get to spend nearly as much time with each other as we'd like to, so we have to catch up when we can! 











Of course we also had a few other things to attend to, such as ironing the pashminas, last minute manicure touch-ups, and wishing Co-MOH S and Bridesmaid K a very happy birthday on Facebook! (which I promptly misspelled and forgot to go back and fix... sorry guys!)




I also wanted to write one last note to my future husband. Mr. EB and I never planned on exchanging presents or cards, so I wasn't expecting anything in return, but I have always been a words person (see, eg, being a blogger) and I wanted him to open something from me before we said our vows (plus I had a silly present for him that I knew would make him smile!).



Now, all was going very well during this time (thanks in part to the mimosas that my girls had thoughtfully brought along), until the power went out completely. Apparently the generator had run out. Or stopped. Or something. Whatever it was, all of a sudden there was no more power to finish ironing the pashminas, curling the hair or powering any lights. Which was slightly problematic as my sister, Co-MOH E, still had wet hair and at least three of us were waiting to have our hair done. Plus, you know, lights! 

I think the only person who was happy the power was out was Kat who absolutely loved the natural light she had to shoot in! 

Luckily, the power came back fully (and stayed on!) about 10 minutes later so it ended up being nothing more than a funny story. And as we all pointed out, we had more than enough candles to light the ceremony later anyway! (Although it would have been difficult to have cooked the food for dinner...) Fortunately, I didn't start thinking about all of the potential what-ifs before the lights came back on.

After my girls were finished with their hair and makeup, Groomswoman B and Co-MOH S finished writing their toasts, and then it was time for me to get dressed!





*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.


Want to catch up?

We bottle and seal our wedding wine.
We finish our projects one week out.

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift from your girls! Wait, both MOH's have the same b-day? That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...