Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: Bonfire Time!

This was one of the things that I was anticipating the most during our wedding weekend (you know, other than the wedding itself of course!):




One of the places that IslandWood had that we could take advantage of was the Friendship Circle (which I talked about more previously). They built up a huge fire in the middle and had all the necessary supplies for hot chocolate, coffee, and of course, s'mores.






It was pretty cold out there, so we were all bundled up (and some of our smaller guests fell asleep), but for the rest of us the entertainment came in the form of a slideshow from my sister, Co-MOH E, and lots of stories about Mr. EB and myself, which caused me to laugh, cry and make just about every facial expression in between.

I liked to dress up a lot as a child. This gave sister and Co-MOH E a LOT of fodder to work with as she put together the slide show!










Best Man W and Mr. EB's sister and groomswoman B said a few words on behalf of Mr. EB.



My girls, including Co-MOH S, Bridesmaid K and Bridesmaid N, added some of their favorite stories about me.



More of our family and friends told stories, and all of our parents got up to say a few words of welcome and thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate with us. I also got up to say thank you, which I'm so glad I did as I forgot to do it the next night! I wish I could remember some of the stories people told with more clarity, but my memories of the bonfire consist mainly of the feelings that I had that night - love for Mr. EB and our family and friends, and a whole lotta laughter!

Because who doesn't need a little Captain Morgan at a bonfire?
*Guest photo

And with that, the day before had come to an end and our wedding day was almost here!

*Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the fabulously talented Persimmon Images.

Want to catch up?

We bottle and seal our wedding wine.
We finish our projects one week out.

1 comment:

  1. So cool. What a nice way to kick everything off! BTW - I'm lovvin your friends boots in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...