Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend in the Woods: What a Weekend!

Before I dive headlong into the details of the weekend, I wanted to let you all experience a little of what I felt like during those couple of days.


What a wonderful weekend! That was the phrase that kept running through my head for weeks after the wedding. Our wedding truly was a weekend event. Yes, the wedding itself was Saturday evening, but because so many people spent the weekend with us at IslandWood, it felt like we had three days of celebrating.




From the Friday night welcome party:





To the Friendship Circle later that night where we ate s'mores, told stories and showed incredibly embarrassing photos of us as kids:



I really liked to dress up when I was little. I clearly had no idea how these pictures would come back to haunt me later in life...

Getting ready on Saturday:


Seeing my soon-to-be husband for the first time:



Walking down the aisle and watching my dad give Mr. EB a giant hug:






And finally, toasting to our new marriage, dancing the night away and goofing off in the photobooth:











What a weekend!! (And there was brunch the next day, too!)

All photos by the incredibly talented Persimmon Images.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an AMAZING unforgettable time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It was such a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG gorgeous!!!! Can't wait for the little play -by-play. The pics look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...