Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Brain Dump

This week has been pretty crazy - a lot of different things have happened and while nothing is set in stone yet, I'm at a place where I'm so excited about the future and what's happening next for me professionally. It's been awhile since I've felt this way, so I can't wait until things are in place and I can really celebrate!

I've been thinking about a lot of different things lately, but nothing big enough to write a whole post on, so you're getting a Friday brain dump instead!

- Anyone watch Survivor? I seriously love this show. I started watching it my last year of college and have been hooked ever since. And I will say that I'm definitely a Boston Rob fan. The guy is arrogant as all hell (more than Russell even!) but he has such a great social game that he can be an arrogant prick to the camera and still have everyone on his tribe eating out of his hand! Love it. Really hoping he does well this season even though it is a little bit ridiculous that the guy has had 6 opportunities to win a million dollars from CBS.

- I need to start writing our wedding recaps. This is something that I feel a lot of pressure to do well though - both from Weddingbee readers and for my own sake. I know that I'll look back on them (and would like to make a book out of them at some point as other bloggers have done). I've written a huge outline of what I want to cover, now I just need to flesh out the individual posts and find the pictures I want to use. And somehow I just can't find the motivation to start. I never thought I'd be that blogger. I almost think that part of it is because I know when I'll be finished my time at Weddingbee will be over and that makes me really sad. At the same time, I know I was always a little sad when a blogger wouldn't recap her wedding, so I really do want to start. I just have to, you know... start!

- A really good friend of mine is running the Boston Marathon for the second time this year. She amazes me with her discipline and dedication to everything she does and I'm SO proud of her! While I wish I could be in Boston cheering her on with her family, I'll be tracking her from home as she makes her way through the race. Go dewittea!!! (love our old college nicknames!)

- A bunch of 'bee friends are in New Orleans this weekend and I'm totally bummed I wasn't able to go this year. However, not having a job has definitely put a crimp in our travel budget. Once we're able to change that I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to go to all of the places that we have on our "Want to travel to" list. At the top of the list for me is New York, Boston, Baltimore, London, Rome, Paris.... I could keep going, but we need to get B a passport before we can leave the country. Also I should probably change my name on mine.

- Speaking of changing my name, I finally did it. Sort of. It's been changed at the Social Security office and the DMV. And we opened a new bank account which has my new name. But everywhere else (student loans, credit card, old bank account that I need to close anyway, car title, etc) still has the old name. I should get on that. But I'm lazy and don't want to deal with it anymore. It'll happen when it happens.

- The SD card in my phone decided it was going to die the other day. Worked fine one day, I went to sleep, tried to turn on the phone the next day and it was all kinds of effed up. I put an old SD card in and that seems to work (the phone also works without an SD card, I just can't take pictures). I'm going to get a card reader to see if I can get anything off the card or if it's totally dead. If it is, that makes me sad because I had some fun pictures on there. Never really thought about needing to back up my phone. Lame.

- My dog has a really loud bark. And it scares the crap out of me every time he barks at something he sees out the front window. We've tried creating a "place" to tell him to go to when he goes batshit crazy barking at people at the front door, and he goes to it when we tell him to, but that doesn't stop the barking in the first place. I like that he alerts us when someone's there, but I would also like for him to not freak out like Cujo on steroids. Our FedEx guy hates us. I have no idea how our letter carrier puts up with us (except that there's a large window and door between Cody and him and he knows Cody can't get to him). Any ideas for correcting this behavior?

Man, apparently I had more to talk about then I thought! I like these brain dumps. Might become a regular thing around here. You know. Maybe. We'll see what happens next week.

1 comment:

  1. I did my wedding recaps twice. Once in detail just with candid shots everyone else took and then a little bit more brief when we got our pro pics. I did it right away while everything was fresh in my mind. I felt so overwhelmed by how to even begin but once I started I couldn't stop writing and I'm so glad to have it documented. I felt a sense of loss after my wedding but I've gotten over it. : ) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...