Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Remembering the Memories

I am SO excited to get our pro pictures back soon (just a couple more weeks!!!), but part of me feels like our wedding is wrapped in this shimmery, beautifully delicate bubble of memories that will pop if I poke at it too much or too often. (I don't remember who I stole that line from, but I do recall reading something similar on someone else's blog and that is such an accurate description for how I'm feeling that I had to appropriate it!) 


And so other than writing down memories of the weekend on the first morning of our mini-moon, I've kept myself from looking at the whole thing too closely. Sure I've enjoyed looking at pictures on Facebook. And yes, I LOVED spending the first few days after the wedding reliving every moment with Mr. EB, and talking about what an amazingly fun time we had. Yet even though we've only been married for a month (though seriously? We've been married for nearly a month already??), I can already see how hazy some of the memories have become. 


So the time is coming when I need to start poking the bubble. I want to start organizing my memories of the weekend so that when we get our pictures back I can tell you all about it. And I've finally realized that poking the bubble won't change my feelings about our amazing weekend - it will just serve to help me preserve the memories for longer.


I do have more pre-wedding stories I want to share with y'all before I start my recaps (like how my girls threw me the most amazing bachelorette party ever, plus I still need to share the actual story of how we found our officiant), but before that I wanted to show you one of my favorite guest photos from the wedding. 


It was near the end of the night, my hair was falling out, the band was still rocking and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, felt so happy, or loved my husband more.


Guest photo - Thanks E!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...